Insurance Europe produced this paper in support of its participation in a European Parliament public hearing in Brussels on 16 June 2015. The hearing was meant as to identify the current challenges of the EU financial services regulation.
Insurance Europe's contributions foucsed on the following issues:
- Consumer protection: avoiding overlap and duplication
- Prudential regulation: Solvency II
- Developments at international level
- EIOPA and the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs)
- Transposing banking regulation in insurance without sufficient tailoring