Insurance Europe represents the European insurance industry on a wide range of issues to European regulators, other public bodies, and the media. We look to recruit ambitious, talented and enthusiastic people, and currently have the following opportunities to join our international team of around 40 experienced advisors.
For our Economics and Finance department, we are looking for a (m/f) Policy advisor prudential regulation
- Monitors developments at EU level in the field of prudential regulation in particular on Pillar II or Pillar III related topics of Solvency II (eg internal models, reporting).
- Ensures close contact and takes responsibility in coordination with Insurance Europe’s stakeholders, ie the member organisations and their representatives.
- Supports Insurance Europe’s working groups and committees, in particular the Solvency II working group.
- Participates in building consensus amongst industry stakeholders.
- Synthesises Insurance Europe’s members feedback and prepares papers that reflect the European industry views on a range of technical and/or political issues relating to prudential supervision.
- Participates in Europe’s lobbying strategy towards external stakeholders and liaises with a broad range of legislative and regulatory bodies (eg European Commission, EIOPA, European Parliament).
- Represents the European insurance industry in seminars and conferences, liaises and where needed represents Insurance Europe with other industry groups and working groups in particular with the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA).
- Coordinates closely and reports directly to the head of prudential regulation.
- Previous experience with Solvency II, preferably on internal models or reporting issues.
- A level of education that corresponds to completed university studies followed by a professional experience of at least three years.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback.
- Active listener, skilled and efficient communicator in an international and multi-cultural environment both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Competent and persuasive in his/her area of expertise, good interpersonal skills.
- Experience of at least three years, ideally in the area of risk management, within the financial services sector.
- Experience in building defendable consensus views amongst stakeholders.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
We offer you a challenging and exciting position. You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry over the coming years. Permanent position, attractive salary and benefits.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (E-mail: [email protected]).